Monday, August 4, 2014

Commitment



  • "If you had bacon and eggs for breakfast, the chicken was involved, but the pig was committed!" I heard that years ago. I think it communicates the concept of commitment very well.

    I used to think that Proverbs 16:3 meant that I made a plan, said some words, and God had to make it happen. I now know that is not the way it works: He does not have to "rubber stamp" what I want.

    Commitment involves more than a mental acknowledgment--it requires corresponding action, sacrifice, surrender, trust, and more. And as regards v.3: when our plans agree with God, they will succeed.

To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the LORD comes the reply of the tongue. All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the LORD. Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. (Prov 16:1-3 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment