Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Emotions

  • We have emotions because we are created in God's image; our emotions mirror His. We get into trouble when our "flesh nature" controls our emotions rather than being controlled by God's Spirit (Romans 8).

    Emotions can draw us to God or be the bond we feel for someone we love. They can also cause broken relationships, ruined opportunities, and so much more.

    Moses experienced the best and worst of both, you might say. God has given us these historical accounts in Scripture so we can learn from them. Better that way than the hard way...

So I turned and went down from the mountain while it was ablaze with fire. And the two tablets of the covenant were in my hands. When I looked, I saw that you had sinned against the LORD your God; you had made for yourselves an idol cast in the shape of a calf. You had turned aside quickly from the way that the LORD had commanded you. So I took the two tablets and threw them out of my hands, breaking them to pieces before your eyes. (Deu 9:15-17 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment