Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Monday, December 30, 2013
Friday, December 27, 2013
- Not everyone looks forward to a new year. For some, it can feel like a very large, remote, and lonely place.
But regardless of what it looks or feels like to us, Jesus is already there. He already knows what we will need there. He is well capable of providing it. And He cares.
The operative question is: Can we and do we really believe that?
During those days another large crowd gathered. Since they had nothing to eat, Jesus called his disciples to him and said, "I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. If I send them home hungry, they will collapse on the way, because some of them have come a long distance." His disciples answered, "But where in this remote place can anyone get enough bread to feed them?" "How many loaves do you have?" Jesus asked. "Seven," they replied. (Mark 8:1-5 NIV)
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Monday, December 23, 2013
- Jesus was speaking about prophecy being fulfilled. I do not believe that we hear enough about that today. The result is that many people are unaware of the times. That is (prophetically) dangerous!
We should all increase our "state of readiness" as we go into the new year, ready for whatever comes. What He said to them, He said to "everyone" (and that includes us!): "Watch!"
Be on guard! Be alert ! You do not know when that time will come. It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch. "Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back--whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!'" (Mark 13:33-37 NIV)
Friday, December 20, 2013
Thursday, December 19, 2013
When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, "Now go out where it is deeper and let down your nets, and you will catch many fish." "Master," Simon replied, "we worked hard all last night and didn't catch a thing. But if you say so, we'll try again." And this time their nets were so full they began to tear! A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking. (Luke 5:4-7 NLT)
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Monday, December 16, 2013
Friday, December 13, 2013
Thursday, December 12, 2013
- Ever known one of those people who know everything about everything? If you have any doubts that they really do, just ask them: they'll tell you.
From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!" Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." (Mat 16:21-23 NIV
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Monday, December 9, 2013
Friday, December 6, 2013
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Spiritual laws work like physical ones. They do not like or dislike us. They just work. Period. Like gravity. God made them that way.
Offer praise to God our Savior because of our Lord Jesus Christ! Only God can keep you from falling and make you pure and joyful in his glorious presence. Before time began and now and forevermore, God is worthy of glory, honor, power, and authority. Amen. (Jud 1:24 CEV)
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Monday, December 2, 2013
- The spiritual law God set in motion is like a train. It is not waiting for us to agree with it. Like a train, it cannot be stopped. It is only a matter of time. "...a day of reckoning is coming."
Thursday, November 28, 2013
- Enjoy your relationships with family and friends. But most of all, enjoy your relationship with God. Take time today to communicate with Him. Don't just talkTO Him; have a conversation WITH Him.
Tell the LORD how thankful you are, because he is kind and always merciful. (Psa 118:1 CEV)
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
- Some people read Scripture and see history that is not relevant to today. I read it and see the same feelings, frustrations, and challenges we face today. But then, I am an "application" teacher.
Times are different. Technology is different. But the human nature is as it has always been. Today's Scripture sounds as current as the evening news... to me.
How do you feel about that?
Even Michael, the chief angel, didn't dare to insult the devil, when the two of them were arguing about the body of Moses. All Michael said was, "The Lord will punish you!" But these people insult powers they don't know anything about. They are like senseless animals that end up getting destroyed, because they live only by their feelings. These people grumble and complain and live by their own selfish desires. They brag about themselves and flatter others to get what they want. (Jud 1:9-10,16 CEV)
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
- We cannot make decisions for others. It can hurt to see people make destructive choices--especially when their choices affect innocent people we love. You know the feeling: we want to "do" something.
Especially then, we must pray, trust God, and keep on doing what is right. Seldom is it easy. But it is always right.
For some godless people have slipped in unnoticed among us, persons who distort the message about the grace of our God in order to excuse their immoral ways, and who reject Jesus Christ, our only Master and Lord. Long ago the Scriptures predicted the condemnation they have received. (Jud 1:4 GNB)
Monday, November 25, 2013
Friday, November 22, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
- You can find people who want to talk about what they think. And that, doesn't amount to a hill of beans". What does matter is what Jesus said in Matthew 4:
- You have taught wrong things, and it makes the LORD very sad. People were doing evil things, but you said that this pleased the LORD and that he accepted those things. And you taught that God does not punish people for the evil they do. (Mal 2:17 ERV)
Monday, November 18, 2013
- Know anyone who claims to love God, but they treat others badly?
Hmmm. What are their actions saying?
Friday, November 15, 2013
Thursday, November 14, 2013
- Distinction" defined:
1. a difference or contrast between similar things or people;
2. excellence that sets someone or something apart from others.
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
- Throughout history, some people in ministry have perverted their responsibility to God and taught for their own purposes: sometimes by intent, sometimes because they were misled.
If you have been hurt by one of them, do not be angry with God or shut out genuine teachers and preachers. God can restore a broken heart and He can use the real ones to help.
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
- Keeping rules brings a sense of accomplishment because it is something we do. Breaking rules brings a sense of failure for the same reason. Judging someone for breaking rules--especially the ones we have not (yet) broken--makes us feel superior.
In contrast, God's mercy has nothing to do with us and everything to do with Him. We cannot earn it; it is an unmerited gift. All we can do is be grateful.
Sunday, November 10, 2013
Step 1.) Ask GOD to save you
Step 2.) BELIEVE he did (belief is NOT a feeling)
1Peter 1:18-21 -"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:" (1 Peter 1:18-22 KJV).
These "corruptible things" can't save you (silver and gold)
The precious blood of Christ was perfect love shed for us so that we could live for GOD
We must believe GOD through Jesus Christ
We were all born in sin and shaped in iniquity...we must all be born again
1Peter 1:23-25 "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you." (1 Peter 1:23-25 KJV)
The word "being" shows that being saved is a continual process
GOD is trying "raise" us or mature us into what we should be similar to how we try to raise our children
GOD is trying to prepare us on earth for heaven
The word of GOD helps you to realize that you're lost. After confessing that you're lost then you can ask GOD to save you
All your earthly glory (flower) will fade away BUT the word ofGOD endure forever!
John 3:5-8 "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." (John 3:5-8 KJV)
This water is referring to a spiritual "washing by the word of GOD" see Ephesians 5:26
"Verily, verily" means Truly, Truly
We must be born again spiritually
Just lime you can't see the wind you can't see the Holy Ghost but you can see the evidence and results of both!
John 3:18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God." (John 3:18-21 KJV)
There is no hell for the believers but if you don't believe you are already condemned
KEY NOTES AND POINTS
Jesus came from GOD on a mission to bring us back to GOD
GOD, JESUS and THE HOLY GHOST are all one!
When you get RIGHT GOD can call us home
When the world ends we will be with Jesus in heaven above the earth. Israel (Jews) will inherit the earth and we will be their guardian angels
**IF YOU HAVE PEOPLE PICKING ON YOU AT WORK SCHOOL OR PLAY PRAY PSALMS 56 EVERY MORNING!**