Thursday, November 21, 2013

Excuses, Excuses!

Some times we expect God to believe our excuses.
After that, he turned to Aaron. "What did the people do to you?" he demanded. "How did they ever make you bring such terrible sin upon them?" "Don't get upset, sir," Aaron replied. "You yourself know these people and what a wicked bunch they are. They said to me, 'Make us some gods to lead us, for something has happened to this man Moses, who led us out of Egypt.' So I told them, 'Bring me your gold earrings.' When they brought them to me, I threw them into the fire--and out came this calf!" (Exo 32:21-24 NLT)

Prayer: LORD, when I make mistakes or intentionally go against what You have said, help me have the integrity and courage to admit it without making excuses; You already know the truth anyway. Thank You for the confidence that I can be truthful with You because of Your promise that You will not reject me or condemn me when I confess sin to You. I am grateful for the assurance that You are always ready to forgive me and receive me back in fellowship with You. Then , help me forgive myself and move on to grow deeper in our relationship. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment