Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Rebellion

If anyone refuses to obey our clear command written in this letter, don't let him get by with it. Point out such a person and refuse to subsidize his freeloading. Maybe then he'll think twice. But don't treat him as an enemy. Sit him down and talk about the problem as someone who cares. (2 Th3:14-15 MSG)

Prayer: LORD, when someone fails, others are quick to judge and treat them as a traitor or an enemy. I want to be patient and understanding with them just as You have been with me when I failed You. They need to be taught the truth as well as to know that they will be accepted when they repent. I know I cannot condone their sin, but I want to be available to help them. Show me what I can do to help, teach, and encourage them in whatever way is best in Your sight. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment