Friday, March 4, 2016

Life

Some people say, "Life is a bowl of cherries." I say that it can
feel like a series of breakings sometimes. And in that case, it is
easy to look for someone or something to blame for our troubles.

A problem can come unbidden and be unavoidable. But even then, the
first place we should look is to our foundation, our relationship
with God. Is it strong and secure, or is it shaky and unstable?

I believe that we really can survive anything with God--and I say
that from my experience, not as rhetoric or cliche. He can turn even
a problem that we created to our good in the end.

  I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words
  and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who
  dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came,
  the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was
  well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them
  into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without
  a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed
  and its destruction was complete." (Luke 6:47-49 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment