Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Who Do You choose

I wonder how many people just got caught up in the crowd that day in
Jerusalem, not really realizing the impact of their actions? I

wonder if some of them worked for the Pharisees and, accordingly,
felt compelled to agree with them? I wonder if some of them could
have been people Jesus had previously healed or delivered?

And if we had been in Jerusalem that day, I wonder what would we
have done?

  With one voice they cried out, "Away with this man! Release Barabbas
  to us!" (Barabbas had been thrown into prison for an insurrection in
  the city, and for murder.) Wanting to release Jesus, Pilate appealed
  to them again. But they kept shouting, "Crucify him! Crucify him!"
  For the third time he spoke to them: "Why? What crime has this man
  committed? I have found in him no grounds for the death penalty.
  Therefore I will have him punished and then release him." But with
  loud shouts they insistently demanded that he be crucified, and
  their shouts prevailed. So Pilate decided to grant their demand.
  (Luke 23:18-24 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment