Monday, May 23, 2016

God Knows Whats Best

This is an almost universal experience: You pray, do not get what
you asked for, then become offended because God did not answer your
prayer. Some have even turned away from Him at that point.

I am humbled to realize all the grief and tragedy God saved me from
by not giving me some things I asked for. Knowing now what I did not
know then enables me to trust His choices for me--even when I do not
understand them or they conflict with what I (think I) want.
  
 He let loose the east wind from the heavens and led forth the south
  wind by his power. He rained meat down on them like dust, flying
  birds like sand on the seashore. He made them come down inside their
  camp, all around their tents. They ate till they had more than
  enough, for he had given them what they craved. (Psa 78:26-29 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment