Friday, August 4, 2017

Faith vs. Feelings

Jesus said, "I knew that you always hear me..." Have you ever felt

as though your prayers went no further than the ceiling?

Faith is not dependent on our feelings, our feelings seldom

encourage faith, and our feelings are not an indicator of God's

performance of His promises. In other words, our feelings have

absolutely nothing to do with whether or not God hears our prayers.

So, the next time you feel that you are not getting through, set

your heart to trust what God said--whether you feel it or not.

  So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father,

  I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me,

  but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that

  they may believe that you sent me." When he had said this, Jesus

  called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!" (John 11:41-43 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment