Tuesday, March 18, 2014

God promised


  • Can we intentionally forget something? Probably not; that concept is self-contradictory. However, there is something we can do.

    We can retrain our mind to replace thoughts about one thing with another, in other words, train ourselves not to think about something. Though difficult, it is not self-contradictory, and I know it can be done.

    God has forgiven and forgotten my past. If He has, so should I. This is how I deal with mine. I found it a good way to begin.

And the Holy Spirit also testifies that this is so. First he says, "This is the new covenant I will make with my people on that day, says the Lord: I will put my laws in their hearts so they will understand them, and I will write them on their minds so they will obey them." Then he adds, "I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds." Now when sins have been forgiven, there is no need to offer any more sacrifices. And so, dear friends, we can boldly enter heaven's Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. (Heb 10:15-19 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment