Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I thank God


  • If you have never felt that you failed "so bad so often" that there was no hope for a future, I am truly glad for you. If, however, you struggle with that feeling, I understand because I have been there.

    I learned from experience: I cannot fail enough to cause God to give up on me. Not possible. I can give up on myself, but He will not.

    If you are at that hopeless point, trust His grace, mercy, and unlimited, unconditional love. For me, it felt like it was all I had left. (More than "felt"--it was.) I discovered it was all I needed.

Then I said, "My destruction is sealed, for I am a sinful man and a member of a sinful race. Yet I have seen the King, the LORD Almighty!" Then one of the seraphim flew over to the altar, and he picked up a burning coal with a pair of tongs. He touched my lips with it and said, "See, this coal has touched your lips. Now your guilt is removed, and your sins are forgiven." (Isa 6:5-7 NLT)

1 comment: