Monday, May 12, 2014

The potter


  • I have known people who were so regretful of their past, they could not receive the future God had for them. They felt unworthy, and so they remained in a captivity that God had not imposed on them.

    I have also known people who "stole" people's futures by constantly reminding them why they were unworthy of any good thing God had for them because of what they had done. This kept them in captivity.

    Both are wrong, in my humble understanding. He forgives and restores. He does not rescind the calling on our lives or take back the gifts He has given. He remakes us just like the broken pot in Jeremiah's vision. He gives us a "hope and a future" (Jer. 29:11).

Then the word of the LORD came to me: "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?" declares the LORD. "Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. (Jer 18:5-8 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment