Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Bad Times Don't Last

  • You are loving God. You are trusting Him. You are following Him with all your heart. And... WHAM--something really bad happens! Does that mean that God abandoned you, or is unable to take care of you?

    Absolutely not! This may not be what you what to hear, but Hebrews 12:7 says: "Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children." (TNIV)

    I can tell you that the hardships I have experienced are far more precious to me now than the easy times ever were. Even if it were possible, I would not undo them now--and if you know anything of my life, that is saying a lot!

    I have said before, "If it took all the pain I have gone through to know God as I know Him now, it was a bargain." So, if you are in difficulties now, take courage and take heart; God can turn it all to more good than you can now imagine.

But I think it is necessary to send back to you Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger, whom you sent to take care of my needs. For he longs for all of you and is distressed because you heard he was ill. Indeed he was ill, and almost died. But God had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, to spare me sorrow upon sorrow. (Phil 2:25-27 NIV)

1 comment: