Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Grief

One of Jesus' most "human" moments was when He asked those closest
to Him to just be with Him in that painful time before His arrest.
Not "fix" anything. Not do anything. Not even understand. Just "be".

And they could not. How deeply do you think that hurt Him?
(Remember: He felt as we feel; He had our emotions.)

Do you suppose He still hurts when we fail to care about the things
happening in the world now that bring Him grief? Think about it. And
care. (And consider setting aside time to just "be" with Him.)
  
 He told them, "My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death.
  Stay here and watch with me." He went on a little farther and fell
  face down on the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let
  this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will,
  not mine." Then he returned to the disciples and found them asleep.
  He said to Peter, "Couldn't you stay awake and watch with me even
  one hour? (Mat 26:38-40 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment