Thursday, November 3, 2016

Excuses Excuses

"...and out came this calf!" What a story! What audacity! I don't
know about you, but I believe I would feel insulted if someone
expected me to believe such a tale.

If we are honest, most of us would have to admit that we make
excuses for sin today that are no more ridiculous than Aaron's--
especially to ourselves, and by implication, to God.

God gives us grace--but that is no excuse for or license to sin.
Read Romans 6. My thoughts: God has freed us from the penalty
(death), but we are responsible for our relationship with Him.
  
After that, he turned to Aaron. "What did the people do to you?" he
  demanded. "How did they ever make you bring such terrible sin upon
  them?" "Don't get upset, sir," Aaron replied. "You yourself know
  these people and what a wicked bunch they are. They said to me,
  'Make us some gods to lead us, for something has happened to this
  man Moses, who led us out of Egypt.'  So I told them, 'Bring me your
  gold earrings.' When they brought them to me, I threw them into the
  fire--and out came this calf!" (Exo 32:21-24 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment