Thursday, January 5, 2017

Jesus Wept (hurt)


If you have not been hurt by someone, you may not have been close
enough to them to be hurt. We are deeply emotional beings. It is the
way of life, and just another aspect of our lives that is in the
image of God.

Perhaps you have not thought about God hurting? Remember the
shortest verse in the Bible, the one most of us learned as a child:
"Jesus wept." (John 11:35)?

If He was not capable of feeling emotional pain, I do not believe
we would either. But He is. So we are. And we do.
  
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and
  repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my
  voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he
  with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me
  on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his
  throne. (Rev 3:19-21 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment