Monday, April 17, 2017

 Are you at peace or overcome by worry?

We can look around us and find ample reason to worry, be anxious, or

even despair of hope. We do not have to look far.

God has given us reason to experience joy in even the worst of

circumstances: His promises transcend anything--everything--we can

see, touch, feel, or experience.

There is fact. Then, there is God's Truth. In which do you place

greater faith? One encourages peace. The other tends to anxiety.

Asked another way: Are you at peace or overcome by worry?

When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me.

  When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my

  soul. Can a corrupt throne be allied with you--one that brings on

  misery by its decrees? They band together against the righteous and

  condemn the innocent to death. But the LORD has become my fortress,

  and my God the rock in whom I take refuge. (Psa 94:18-22 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment