Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Control

  • Nothing takes God by surprise or catches Him off guard. Nothing strains His resources. Nothing causes Him fear, concern, or uncertainty. He is in total control. Always.

    I am not there yet. Far from it! I have a lot to learn.

    However, I have learned that I can believe He is there and trust Him. If He is there and I am with Him, I can be more at peace by trusting that He has everything under control--even when I am concerned about my future, caught by surprise, or in need.

When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?" He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do. Philip answered him, "Eight months' wages would not buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!" Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, spoke up, "Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?" Jesus said, "Have the people sit down." There was plenty of grass in that place, and the men sat down, about five thousand of them. (John 6:5-10 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment