Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Relief

  • Rocks, towers, wings: symbols that are not relevant to our lives today. But how about these: stress, panic, depression, hopelessness, uncertainty, fear? Yes, we know about them. They are not arrows shot from an enemy's bow, but they injure us just the same.

    In David's day, a rock was a place of advantage over an enemy, a tower was a strategic place of safety, and under a wing represented safety, protection, and security.

    What would you call relief from any of those things? Whatever you call them, they can be found in God, just as in David's day.

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. (Psa 61:1-4 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment