Thursday, March 19, 2015

And Somebody is Wrong!

  • God is always right. He is always good. He always does what is best for me. Even when I do not understand. Even when it does not feel like it. Even when it conflicts with what I want or think I need. Even when I question what He is doing. Even when I am upset with Him.

    That sounds like so much spiritual rhetoric, doesn't it?

    Well, it is not. It is what I learned to be true through precious and costly experience. Because those things were learned through great pain and sacrifice, they are truths I will never forget and never doubt again.

    It is something like this: Once you have been burned, you will never again doubt or take for granted that fire is hot. Because you have experienced it, you believe in it and respect it.

    Understand now?

Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Eph 5:15-20 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment