Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Wrong Focus


  • I have known people who aggressively found fault with other people's walk with God; they somehow believed it was their "calling". I have even seen entire organizations with such an attitude (mis)use Scripture to condemn and punish anyone who disagreed with them.

    They hurt a lot of people.

    We must speak the truth--and sometimes that means exposing error--however, "there is a right way and a wrong way...".

    The bottom line: God is the Judge. We are not. His Word is the final Word.

In a loud voice Jesus said: Everyone who has faith in me also has faith in the one who sent me. And everyone who has seen me has seen the one who sent me. I am the light that has come into the world. No one who has faith in me will stay in the dark. I am not the one who will judge those who refuse to obey my teachings. I came to save the people of this world, not to be their judge. But everyone who rejects me and my teachings will be judged on the last day by what I have said. (Joh 12:44-48 CEV)

No comments:

Post a Comment