Monday, April 27, 2015

Be careful

  • Some people want to see God's judgment fall. They may think a person, a category of people, or an entire nation deserves judgment.

    Personal opinion: That is not our determination to make!

    Do you know anyone like that? I do. I vividly remember that person's harsh, hateful, condemning words, praying for God's punishment on someone. And I still shudder when I think about it because I really do not believe they in the least comprehended what they were doing.

    When God said that vengeance belonged to Him, He meant it.

When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he had compassion and did not bring upon them the destruction he had threatened. But Jonah was greatly displeased and became angry. (Jonah 3:10-4:1 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment