Friday, April 24, 2015

Feelings

  • The day before Yesterday, about feelings I said: "...we should make efforts to control how we respond to them." So, how does one do that? I can tell you what I understand and make every effort to do:

    When I feel something like worry or fear in a situation, I recognize that I am at a decision point: I can believe what I see and feel, or, I can choose to believe what God said--if that conflicts with what I see and feel. The decision is to believe one over the other.

    It helps to make that decision pre-crisis, as David expressed in these verses. Then, when a crisis occurs, your decision will be whether or not to hold to what you have already decided.

    (From experience I can tell you: that is far easier than trying to determine what to do at the point of crisis.) 

    Does that help?

We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests. Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. (Psa 20:5-7 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment