Thursday, April 30, 2015

Complete Trust

  • Sometimes we read Scripture and the symbolism seems to have no relevance to our everyday lives. The words we read can feel sterile, disconnected from the demands of life and stresses we face and feel.

    But are they really?

    Consider the "valley of the shadow of death" in today's Scripture. Some people equate it to the loss of a loved one or a serious illness. I believe that it can also be a profound loss of joy or hope, a failed relationship, a lost job, a depressive episode, or a deep, dark pit you emotionally stumble into when circumstances are overwhelming.

    Now, think about what is your "valley"--and read Psalm 23 again.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. (Psa 23:4-6 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment