Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Darkness

Darkness has no physical properties; it is simply the absence of
light. That said: Have you ever been deep in a cave--and the guide
turned the lights off?

When I experienced that, I tell you I seemed to FEEL the dark! I
could not see anything and did not dare move lest I step into a
hole, off a ledge, or into a wall. It was a very helpless feeling.

If the world as a whole could have a feeling right now, I think that
could describe it. And we have an opportunity to remind the world
that Jesus said, "I am the light of the world."
  
This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
  who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away
  from the LORD. He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not
  see prosperity when it comes. He will dwell in the parched places of
  the desert, in a salt land where no one lives. "But blessed is the
  man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be
  like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the
  stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always
  green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to
  bear fruit." (Jer 17:5-8 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment