Thursday, December 29, 2016

Giants In Your Life

Do you have a "Goliath" in your life--not a 9' warrior in bronze
armor, but a problem that looks or feels too big to overcome?

What I said in today's prayer I have learned through "precious and
costly experience" and I believe it to be true:

 "You have a solution to what I face before I face it. I will
 see it when I see You as greater than the challenge."
 
A champion named Goliath, who was from Gath, came out of the
  Philistine camp. He was over nine feet tall. He had a bronze helmet
  on his head and wore a coat of scale armor of bronze weighing five
  thousand shekels; on his legs he wore bronze greaves, and a bronze
  javelin was slung on his back. His spear shaft was like a weaver's
  rod, and its iron point weighed six hundred shekels. His shield
  bearer went ahead of him. Goliath stood and shouted to the ranks of
  Israel, "Why do you come out and line up for battle? Am I not a
  Philistine, and are you not the servants of Saul? Choose a man and
  have him come down to me." On hearing the Philistine's words, Saul
  and all the Israelites were dismayed and terrified. (1 Sam 17:4-8,11 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment