Thursday, December 22, 2016

Who Gets Hurt

Ever notice that sometimes people hurt those who are closest and
kindest to them? Perhaps it is like a predator sensing weakness.
Perhaps it is their pain lashing out at a convenient target. Perhaps
it is intentional. Perhaps they cannot help themselves.

Whatever the reason or situation, I know that it takes far more
strength to respond in God's love than to respond defensively.
Personally, I cannot do it on my own--only through the Lord and by
yielding to His Spirit (Romans 8).
  
O God, whom I praise, don't stand silent and aloof while the wicked
  slander me and tell lies about me. They are all around me with their
  hateful words, and they fight against me for no reason. I love them,
  but they try to destroy me--even as I am praying for them! They
  return evil for good, and hatred for my love. (Psa 109:1-5 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment