Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Not What You Say

Some think that saying "Lord, I praise You." is praising God. In my
opinion, it is not. It is a vague, unspecific acknowledgement, but
certainly not genuine praise.

My lovely wife constantly encourages me. She makes certain that I
know how she feels about me and she is very specific. However, if
she only said, "I encourage you." over and over, would that be
encouraging? No. Perhaps eventually annoying--but not encouraging.

I believe it is the same in our relationship with the Lord.
  
I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever
  and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever
  and ever. Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness
  no one can fathom. (Psa 145:1-3 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment