Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Controllers

I do not like controlling behavior. "Controllers" are typically very

judgmental and in one way or another pressure you to meet their

expectations. They can do much damage if allowed.

They especially do not like it when you do not let them control you;

you run the risk of becoming their "Enemy Number One". "Controllers"

can also get quite aggravated when you ignore their expectations.

So, what do you do? Please God, meet His expectations for your life,

and seek your acknowledgment and approval from Him. What anyone else

thinks of you is far less important.

(And when I can please God--and by doing so I aggravate a "control-

ler"--do I feel good about that? To be candid: Yes, I do.)

  Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove

  faithful. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human

  court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear,

  but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.

  Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the

  Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and

  will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will

  receive his praise from God. (1 Cor 4:2-5 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment