Thursday, April 10, 2014

Make a choice to be happy


  • The excuse: "I'm not happy." What is it used for? To end marriages, ruin careers, quit on life, betray relationships...

    Happiness depends on circumstances, however, joy, like love, is a choice. While I cannot control all the circumstances of my life, I can control my choices. In fact, they are the only things I can truly control, and unlike circumstances, I am accountable for them.

    Two millenia ago, the Macedonians had joy that no external circumstance could affect. They knew it was a choice. They chose wisely.

    Two thousand years later, we can too--regardless of circumstances.

Now I want to tell you, dear friends, what God in his kindness has done for the churches in Macedonia. Though they have been going through much trouble and hard times, their wonderful joy and deep poverty have overflowed in rich generosity. For I can testify that they gave not only what they could afford but far more. And they did it of their own free will. (2 Cor 8:1-3 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment