Thursday, October 16, 2014

From Pain To Peace


  • In Psalm 142, David wrote what many feel: "...no one cares...".

    Feelings of loneliness, abandonment, or neglect: Perhaps everyone experiences them to some degree at some time. Sometimes the circumstances exist only in a person's mind. And again, sometimes, the circumstances are very, very real.

    Whether real or imagined, one thing is common to both: pain--deep, unrelenting pain that can defy all attempts for relief or comfort. I did not read that in a book somewhere. No. I know that pain.

    I have also experienced the peace that comes from reckoning my relationship with God to be more real, certain, substantial, and dependable than anything I can see, hear, or touch, and from trusting it more than I trust myself or my feelings.

  • I look for someone to come and help me, but no one gives me a passing thought! No one will help me; no one cares a bit what happens to me. Then I pray to you, O LORD. I say, "You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life. Hear my cry, for I am very low. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me. (Psa 142:4-6 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment