Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Satisfaction

  • We spend a lot of time and energy doing a lot of things for... what?

    Will any of the things we do today last beyond this lifetime?

    These questions are worth considering. The seasons are changing: Fall 2014 begins today. Another year is passing.

    Our lives have seasons too. Consider these questions before another life-season changes. Will you join me in today's prayer?

I also tried to find meaning by building huge homes for myself and by planting beautiful vineyards. I made gardens and parks, filling them with all kinds of fruit trees. I built reservoirs to collect the water to irrigate my many flourishing groves. Anything I wanted, I took. I did not restrain myself from any joy. I even found great pleasure in hard work, an additional reward for all my labors. But as I looked at everything I had worked so hard to accomplish, it was all so meaningless. It was like chasing the wind. There was nothing really worthwhile anywhere. (Eccl 2:4-11 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment