Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Time Management

  • Some days, I "know that I know" that the Today's Seed message I am writing is specifically for someone somewhere in the world. Today, however, it is for me; it hits me right where I am.

    Did you know that ministers struggle with "busy-ness"just as you do? No one is immune. It is difficult to plan time for prayer and study when, as you are doing one absolutely-necessary-for-survival thing, there are thirteen more just as important that are not being done. 

    It is not just going to happen. I have to do what today's message says: plan time for prayer and study, and make it my first priority.

She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." (Luke 10:39-42 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment