Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Overcome it

Gravity is a universal law of physics. And then, there are forces
that can overcome gravity, e.g., aerodynamics (how airplanes fly).

When people fail to keep promises, you experience great loss or
failure, etc., the resulting feelings are real. Just as aerodynamics
overcome gravity, there are forces that can overcome feelings, e.g.,
faith in God's love, presence, and promises.

You do not always feel Him or feel the promises "working". Sometimes
you even feel alone and defeated. However, if faith was based on
feelings, it could not overcome feelings, could it?

"But a time is coming, and has come, when you will be scattered,
  each to his own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not
  alone, for my Father is with me. "I have told you these things, so
  that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble.
  But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:32-33 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment