Monday, August 29, 2016

Dark Times

Things have happened in my life that seemed very bad at the time:
Much devastation; great pain; overwhelming loss. Very dark times. At
the time, I did not understand them or what God was doing in them.

I now understand that He worked in every one for my good--and I do
mean every one. I am a better man today because of them. It took a
long time to come to that understanding for some of those things.

In dark times, you will be tempted to make your own light. Don't:
Trust God in the darkness (Isa 50:10-11). When the time is right,
I believe you will understand, just as I did.
  
Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your
  prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has
  happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. (Phil 1:18b-19 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment