Monday, July 28, 2014

But God

  • Ever encountered someone who does not let you forget mistakes? No matter what you have done since, they judge you by them and "hold them over your head". They can be at work. They can be family. They can be anywhere.

    Why do they do it? Perhaps they are insecure and the judgment makes them feel superior. Who knows? I do know that regardless of "why", it can be very discouraging to be connected to such a person.

    I am grateful God does not treat us that way. That encourages me and gives me hope. I am what I am today--not what I was in the past.

If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared. I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. (Psa 130:3-5 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment