Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Let Freedom Ring


  • A question: Have you ever realized that you did not know enough and your best was not good enough? If so, what did you feel? Relief? Fear? Maybe confusion or something else?

    For me, it was relief. I finally understood that I did not have to be perfect or know everything, and I did not have to prove anything to anyone. I could love God just as I was, and it was all right.

    It was freedom for me. What about for you?

The best-equipped army cannot save a king, nor is great strength enough to save a warrior. Don't count on your war horse to give you victory--for all its strength, it cannot save you. But the LORD watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love. He rescues them from death and keeps them alive in times of famine. We depend on the LORD alone to save us. Only he can help us, protecting us like a shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we are trusting in his holy name. Let your unfailing love surround us, LORD, for our hope is in you alone. (Psa 33:16-22 NLT)

1 comment: