Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tough times don't last, but tough people do.


  • Having a hard day today? Or week... or month... or year?

    Emotions try to take hold in those times. They can mislead you and distort your perceptions: lots of things can feel real that are not.

    If you are there, do not believe the lie that you are a failure in faith for feeling such things. Focus on the solution, and in my opinion, it begins with your relationship with God.

    This is what helps me: Like the psalmist in today's Scripture, I tell Him how I feel even if it is not "pretty". He listens. And in time the feelings give way to truth and reality. They always do.

I think of God, and I moan, overwhelmed with longing for his help. You don't let me sleep. I am too distressed even to pray! I think of the good old days, long since ended, when my nights were filled with joyful songs. I search my soul and think about the difference now. (Psa 77:3-6 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment