Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Feelings!


  • Yesterday's message was about feelings. Continuing that thread...

    Feelings are powerful. They cannot be ignored. They will dominate if they can. And often, we struggle to understand why or what we feel.

    It is a dilemma, no doubt about it. Paul experienced it, just as we do. So what can we do?

    As yesterday, in my opinion, our understanding and response must be rooted in our relationship with God. Therein is trust and security. Therein is being understood even when we do not understand ourselves.

    And isn't it comforting to know that someone understands?

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. (Rom 7:15,18,22,23 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment