Thursday, January 28, 2016

Picture This

It has been said: "A picture is worth a thousand words." Being a
writer and photographer, I especially like "before and after" photos
because they tell a story so well. Scripture gives us an incredible
"before and after" of Jesus.

We often visualize Him in our minds as a tortured figure hanging on
a cross. That was before.

Other times, we visualize Him as the image depicted in paintings and
sculptures. That was never.

Visualize Him as He is now--after. Wow!
  
When I turned to see who was speaking to me, I saw seven gold
  lampstands. There with the lampstands was someone who seemed to be
  the Son of Man. He was wearing a robe that reached down to his feet,
  and a gold cloth was wrapped around his chest. His head and his hair
  were white as wool or snow, and his eyes looked like flames of fire.
  His feet were glowing like bronze being heated in a furnace, and his
  voice sounded like the roar of a waterfall. He held seven stars in
  his right hand, and a sharp double-edged sword was coming from his
  mouth. His face was shining as bright as the sun at noon. When I saw
  him, I fell at his feet like a dead person. But he put his right
  hand on me and said: Don't be afraid! I am the first, the last, and
  the living one. I died, but now I am alive forevermore, and I have
  the keys to death and the world of the dead. (Rev 1:12-18 CEV)

No comments:

Post a Comment