Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Strength In Weakness (bonus)

For me, trusting that God is doing--or will work for--what is best
when I do not understand my circumstances, even when I am hurting,
is the very definition of faith. This is my defining point: When I
have to choose, I choose to trust rather than to understand.

Of course, that choice is seldom easy "in the moment", especially
because I am an analytical person. Difficult, bewildering, painful?
Yes. But easy? No!

Sometimes I come to understand later. Sometimes, I do not. But then,
understanding is not a requisite of trust, 

  But at the same time, God rescued Lot out of Sodom because he was a
  good man who was sick of all the immorality and wickedness around
  him. Yes, he was a righteous man who was distressed by the
  wickedness he saw and heard day after day.  So you see, the Lord
  knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while
  punishing the wicked right up until the day of judgment.
  (2 Pet 2:7-9 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment