Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Worth The Risk

  • If you truly love, you risk being hurt; you cannot have one without the other. Some people "shut down" to avoid pain. I know; I was one of them. I was emotionally dead, unable to feel anything.

    I cried out to God to bring me back to life. He did, but ironically, it required great pain.

    If you love, you may get hurt. But in my experience, not feeling anything was far worse than any pain I have ever felt.

    I am not afraid anymore. I learned that if I do get hurt, God can turn it into a treasure beyond price in my life. No doubt.

    I also have no doubt that He can do the same for you, if you are willing. Do not be afraid to love, beginning with God.

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God. (Phil 1:9-11 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment