Friday, January 15, 2016

Witnesses

  • Introducing God to someone who does not know about Him has never been easy. Just ask Moses!

    I remember being taught the textbook way to "witness" to people. It was like a memorized sales presentation with "right" things to say and clever answers to objections. (Never worked very well for me.)

    I believe the best introduction to God is the way we live our lives, because if people do not see Him in us first, they probably will not listen to what we say.

    If we really reflect Him--obey His Word, live according to His ways, character, and values--we are going to be different. Very different. And people will want to know why.

    Then we can tell them... and they will listen.

Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'" (Exo 3:13-14 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment