Tuesday, June 3, 2014

If Job waited, why caint I


  • You "wait on God", but He is slow in responding. You are "believing God for...", but He is not delivering. Been there? Maybe even now?

    In a crisis, most people want action: relief and answers. Their point of "faith failure" is usually when the action does not happen when they think it should or in the way they want. 

    It took me a long time and a lot of pain to finally understand that God never failed me. Not once. I know that now. I have learned to wait--and His answer will come, but not necessarily in the ways I expect, want, or sometimes even recognize at first.

    But the wait is always worth it.

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit and out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. (Psa 40:1-3 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment