Thursday, June 19, 2014

It's all about trust


  • Sometimes, when you call on God, it does not feel like He has heard You. (I know you know what I am talking about.) In such times, what I believe must override what I feel. Here is how that works for me:

    I have learned to trust that God hears me (if only because He promised), act like He hears me, and know that the answer will come even if I do not feel so or understand how. It always does--sometimes sooner, sometimes later. And if it has not come, I know I just have not waited long enough yet.

Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you. Hear my prayer, O LORD; listen to my cry for mercy. In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me. (Psa 86:3-7 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment