Thursday, June 26, 2014

Use your gift


  • I believe we are here for a reason--a specific reason commissioned by God. However, not everyone of us accomplishes his or her purpose. (Not even ministers are immune...)

    For me, sometimes the necessities of life are in direct conflict with what I believe is my purpose. Some days I overcome. Others, I am grateful for God's grace. It is a problem, no doubt about it.

    So, what do we do? Our best. And trust the relationship.

Do not neglect the spiritual gift you received through the prophecies spoken to you when the elders of the church laid their hands on you. Give your complete attention to these matters. Throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone will see your progress. Keep a close watch on yourself and on your teaching. Stay true to what is right, and God will save you and those who hear you. (1 Tim 4:14-16 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment