Thursday, May 14, 2015

A Constant

  • In my opinion (and experience), we live by our feelings, unconsciously assuming that what we feel is reality. It goes like this: When an emotion changes, we (unconsciously) think, "I feel different, therefore, things are now different. Oh no! What do I do?"

    There is truth that is transcendent of our feelings. Emotions change. Truth does not. In John 18:38, Pilate asked Jesus: "What is truth?" Truth is God's eternal, unchanging Word: It does not change, regardless of what we think, feel, or believe.

    So, regardless of circumstances or what you feel right now, read the Scripture below and let it sink in: This is true! Let the unchanging Truth of God's Word influence your feelings and your life today.

I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip--he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you--the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm--he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. (Psa 121 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment