Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Fix it!

  • When we encounter a need, we sometimes (misguidedly) think that we are always supposed to "fix" it. I do not believe that. I believe that sometimes, God works through circumstances that do not need our "fixing" (interference), as in today's Scripture. Think about this:

    In Acts 3, there was a man "whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple" (v.2). Peter and John healed him (v.6-7). How many times did Jesus pass by this man... and did not heal him?

    Does the fact that Jesus did not heal him imply that He did not care? Absolutely not! It demonstrates that Jesus listened to and obeyed His Father in every situation He encountered--as should we.

Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come fearlessly into God's presence, assured of his glad welcome. So please don't despair because of what they are doing to me here. It is for you that I am suffering, so you should feel honored and encouraged. When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. (Eph 3:12-15 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment