Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Words

  • I like words. I suppose you could say that I am a "word enthusiast". I believe David was too, judging from his writing.

    From today's Scripture, the words "miry depths" even sound as bad as that place is, don't they? They are quite descriptive of the place we can find ourselves sometimes.

    Have you been there? Are you there? Candidly, there have been times when it felt like that was my home address. Tough times.

    I discovered that God still loved me, even in the "miry depths", regardless of how I got there. He remained with me in the "miry depths"--even in the worst of times. Because of that, I now have confidence that He will be there, even if I visit "101 Miry Depths" again (emphasis on "visit"!). 

    I believe it is so for you too. Do you?

I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for my God. You know my folly, O God; my guilt is not hidden from you. But I pray to you, O LORD, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation. Answer me, O LORD, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me. (Psa 69:2,3,5,13,16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment