Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Feels Like sometimes

  • If you have been reading this message for any time now, you know that I do not hesitate to be brutally candid, even if it does not place me in a complimentary light. With that in mind, allow me to share some very private thoughts:

    There are times when I do not feel like praising God. It is not "personal"; He knows that (however, that is no excuse). There are just some days when I am just so weary from the struggle, it is an accomplishment to make it to bed. Other days, emotions are running amuck. Still others, there are more demands than hours.

    Then, I think about what Jesus did for me: His sacrifice, the blessings, His grace and mercy, my commission... And can I not at least say, "Thank you!"? I should be more disciplined. And grateful.

    I doubt that I am alone in these thoughts, so, regardless of your circumstances today, join with me and express your gratitude to the Lord for all He has done.

I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. (Psa 34:1-5 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment